Interested in Volunteering?
Email, our Volunteer Coordinator if you are intersted in volunteering. XPN is always interested in new volunteers for fund drives, events and Free at Noon concerts. First-time volunteers need to complete the first-time volunteer form.
Sign-up for the Fall Fund Drive
- Answer phones and take donations during on-air membership drives
- Shifts are scheduled for 2-3 hours at a time
- Food and beverages are provided
- Experience radio in action – the WXPN on-air hosts broadcast directly from the Fund Drive room
- Must be comfortable with entering pledges online and have basic keyboard proficiency
Thanks to all of the great volunteers who participate in our Fund Drives. We cannot do it without you!
WXPN has partnered with Musicians On Call, a new community-outreach program in the Philadelphia and Camden area. WXPN Musicians On Call brings live music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities throughout the region. We are looking for Musicians and Volunteers.
- Set up the registration table
- Check in and greet concert-goers as they arrive
- Help facilitate artist Meet and Greets
- Break down at end of show
- Must be available on Fridays from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
WXPN's annual summer music festival
happens every July.
Volunteer opportunities include
- Site Set-up
- Site Breakdown
- Greeting festival attendees
- Serving beverages
- Volunteer Check-In
- Kids Corner Area assistants
- And much, much more.
Check back in June for the Festival Volunteer Form
- Serve as an extended member of the marketing team and a station ambassador to promote the station to members, listeners, and potential audiences.
- Provide station presence at XPN Welcomes concerts and other highly trafficked events by setting up the XPN Welcomes table, putting up banners at the events, handing out station literature, securing sign-ups for e-newsletters, and encouraging people to tune in to WXPN and become a member of the station.
- Engage audiences by readily conversing about station activities, answering questions and providing customer service at XPN events.
- Support the station's outreach campaigns by putting up flyers in prominent locations and posting station events and activities on social networking sites like Facebook, etc.
- Must be outgoing, friendly and not afraid to approach people to share information about the station. Must be available evenings and weekends.
* To be considered for the XPN Street Team you must be at least 21 years old, and have volunteered for at least two of our major events (Fund Drive and/or the Music Festival). An additional interview and training with the Marketing Team is required.