Quick Guide to WXPN Business Support On-Air 'Copy'
As defined by FCC standards, Business Support messages on WXPN are factual, concise and free of hyperbole. For many businesses and organizations, this format provides an excellent opportunity to define their product, service or event in clear, honest language, and to direct listeners to a phone number, website, or location for more detailed information.
We Will Work with You to Effectively Craft Your Message
All announcements are twenty-five seconds in length. Each begins with a consistent opening that identifies the business/organization that is supporting WXPN. For example, "Company" supports XPN. This preamble is followed by information about your business or institution and the products or services you provide.
This information might include:
- A value-neutral description of your organization and its offering
- The location and/or duration of your business
- A phone number and/or web address for your organization
- Event information (time, place and description)
FCC guidelines prohibit public radio Business Support messages from including any of the following:
- Qualitative, comparative or promotional statements
- Calls to action, pricing information and inducements to buy or sell
- Advocacy, ambiguous or misleading statements
- Pre-produced announcements
Your account manager will work with you so that we can meet your marketing needs within the parameters of these guidelines.
Learn More. Contact WXPN Business Support
To learn more about marketing your business or organization on WXPN or XPN.org, contact Tom by phone at 215-573-8728, or email Business Support.