(Several positions available - 15-40 hours per week))
Duties:Programming Interns support WXPN's NPR syndicated radio show, World Cafe, through a broad range of tasks including:
- Artist relations: Host recording artists on site, load-in and load-out, coordinate hospitality
- Prepare and schedule World Cafe playlists using Microsoft Excel and GSelector music scheduling software
- Write on-air copy to promote upcoming World Cafe guests
- Create and distribute World Cafe episode rundowns (timings and cues) for affiliate stations
- Compile press and background info on artists through extensive online research
- Monitor World Cafe broadcast schedule and inform guests of air dates
- Other duties as needed, including general clerical tasks
Qualifications:Applicants must be available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and, ideally, all day Fridays for Free at Noon duties (but afternoons only would also be considered) during the Fall Semester. Successful candidates will be self-starters with attention to detail, great interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently. Applicants must be web savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel. An interest in exploring a career in media/entertainment and a familiarity with the music of WXPN and World Cafe are desirable.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.