(Multiple positions available – 10-20 hours per week)
Duties: This Intern supports WXPN programming, through a broad range of tasks including:
- Archiving Free at Noon concerts
- Playlist reporting
- Helping prepare and produce station podcasts
- Assisting with social media (twitter, facebook & blog posts) for station specialty shows and podcasts
- Listening to music submissions
- Assisting in maintenance of station music library (both physical & digital)
- Helping run the on-air control board for live broadcasts and events
- Producing simple audio promos
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be self-starters with attention to detail, great interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently. Applicants must be web savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel. An interest in exploring a career in media/entertainment and a familiarity with the music of WXPN are desirable. Some experience and interest in audio editing with Pro-tools and/or Adobe Audition a plus.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.